Pick a Category to browse:

Thursday 29 July 2010

THE PALE BLUE DOT


This is one of my favourite quotes/speeches of all time. By American Astronomer Carl Sagan, talking about this picture, which was taken of our planet at a record distance away, by Voyager 1 in 1990. We show up as a tiny pale blue dot, in the vastness of space. You can just about spot us.
(click to enlarge)



When I read this and think a bit too much I get kind of annoyed that religions like christianity promote the idea that something as amazing as our planet could have possibly been created in seven days and is only thousands of years old. Thats just silly.
Will probably do something from this, maybe an animation.

Also heres a peek at something I'm working on inspired by a Charles Dawkins quote, and also the invisible pink unicorn.
More soon :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the follow :) Your work looks really interesting. I'll come back for more :)
    have a lovely weekend
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete